Capital Area Chapter
Serving Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon Counties
Message From The President
Dear Alumni, Students and Friends of Penn State,
It is an honor to serve as the President of the Capital Area Chapter. The Chapter's mission is to enhance our members ability to network with other alumni, friends, fans and students of Penn State as well as to engage in initiatives that support the University's principals and mission. The Chapter's strength and success come from the selfless contributions of our members. I invite you to join us.
We are actively improving and expanding our existing scholarship, philanthropic, social, outreach and member programs and services. We are developing new and innovative programs that will enhance the ability of the Chapter to provide benefits to its constituents and to fulfill its mission, which include but are not limited to the following programs:
- New career, entrepreneurial and veteran mentor programs
- Expansion of our scholarship programs to include direct grants in addition to funding our endowment program.
- Establishment of a student recruiting initiative.
- The expansion of the charities we support.
- New community and student outreach initiatives
- We are also expanding our territory to include Lebanon County and welcome all of our fellow Penn State Alumni, Friends and Students and appreciate the enthusiastic initial response.
We invite you to join us by becoming an active member in one of the top university member organizations in the world. We cannot accomplish our mission without your help and participation. From my personal experience, I can confirm that the benefits that you receive far outweigh the time contribution that you make. I would like to thank all of the members who are currently active, especially those who are selflessly contributing their time and resources that support a portfolio of noble initiatives that our members and friends can be proud of.
Dennis (Rick) G. Howard